Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting PDF Initial View Properties
phancox
Is it possible to set the PDF "Initial View" properties directly via BIRT?<br />
<br />
I want the rendered PDF to initially open with Magnification set to "Fit Page" when viewed in a PDF viewer.<br />
<br />
I've tried<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>oPDFRenderOption.setOption(PDFRenderOption.PAGE_OVERFLOW,PDFRenderOption.FIT_TO_PAGE_SIZE);
</pre> but this appears to be related to fitting content to printed page rather than displaying printed page in viewer.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You might have to look into modifying the PDF emitter to do this. I don't know that there's a setting for that.
phancox
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75127" data-time="1301343692" data-date="28 March 2011 - 01:21 PM"><p>
You might have to look into modifying the PDF emitter to do this. I don't know that there's a setting for that.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hooking into the PDF emitter framework sounds like a great idea. Would I have to develop a complete replacement PDF emitter? e.g., Start with the code from the current emitter, modify it, and rebuild. Then deploy the updated plug-in. Or is it possible to hook into the existing plug-in?<br />
<br />
If I have to modify and rebuild, then I'm potentially creating a maintenance nightmare as I'll have to re-apply my enhancements with each BIRT release. If this is the case, then I'll probably just process the output from the distributed PDF emitter with iText. Particularly as I'm not interested in the content of the document itself at this stage.
mwilliams
Yeah, you'd probably have to upgrade the emitter when you upgraded to a new BIRT version. The iText idea may be the way to go then.