Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
User customized group by.
neo21
Hello,
I need to implement a user customizable report. The user can input a group by column via reports parameters and the report need to format the data grouped by the column that the user inserted. The problem is that I tried to do that and inserted a group by on a table using the report parameter that the user gave as input but that didn't worked.
Can I even do that with birt? Or can I put a drop down list and when the user selects a group by column the report will be formated accordingly?
Thanks for help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi neo21,
One way to do this would be through the use of design engine api (DEAPI) and alter the report design to perform this grouping based on the parameter value selection and then loading this report into the viewer.
Also Actuate offers Interactive Viewer that enables end users to perform grouping on a standard BIRT report. Here is link to the product info page:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/products/birt-user-experience/interactive-viewer/features/
Ashwini