Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot get rows to expand when displaying text
cimxdba
I am having problems with a report that I am writing. I have a field (Oracle varchar2(2000)) that contains text. In many cases, the amount of text is greater than the height of the row height within BIRT. My problem is that the table row will not expand/contract with the varying text. I have attached a PDF file showing the report format as well as the result.
Can anybody please help?
Thank you,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is the height of your row set? Or the height of the element? This could cause it to be the same no matter what. Let me know.
cimxdba
Yes. It is set at the row level. I thought that if I set it to zero, that it might vary - but zero means zero. How should I set it?
Thanks,
Rich
cimxdba
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75130" data-time="1301345411" data-date="28 March 2011 - 01:50 PM"><p>
Is the height of your row set? Or the height of the element? This could cause it to be the same no matter what. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes. It is set at the row level. I thought that if I set it to zero, that it might vary - but zero means zero. How should I set it?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Rich
mwilliams
Rich,
If you delete the height setting altogether, it should automatically size itself for you.
cimxdba
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75182" data-time="1301415637" data-date="29 March 2011 - 09:20 AM"><p>
Rich,<br />
<br />
If you delete the height setting altogether, it should automatically size itself for you.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
That did it. Thank you, Michael.
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions.