Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Editing Classic Reports
aglass
Hi,
This may be quite a simple question but I have been experimenting with the Classic Report from the Scorecard application and I have found a few that address the issues we are facing in terms of making reports.
However we now want to edit them into our standard format (i.e. resizing, moving around on the page, changing the output type etc) Which would be really easy in BIRT.
My question is is it possible to open the design of these classic reports in BIRT to edit and if so how do I do this?
I expect the solution is glaringly obvious and I just can't see it...
So any help would be greatly appreciated,
Regards,
Tony
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
Hi Tony,
As you probably know, in BIRT Performance Scorecard, Classic reports are the reports built using the templates provided in older versions of Views. The "technology" behind Classic reports is not compatible with BIRT; hence, you will not be able to open a Classic report in BIRT and modify it.
Standard reports are the new BIRT-based reports provided out-of-the-box with BIRT Performance Scorecard, starting with version 8. In many cases, these reports replicate what can be accomplished with Classic reports.
You also have the option of writing your own custom BIRT reports using data stored in Performance Scorecard. The easiest way to accomplish that is by connecting your report to Performance Scorecard using the provided Information Objects.
Hope this helps,
P.