Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
deleting branches
msrich
W2K TS 5.5.2 + SP2B
I noticed that batch processes persisted for quite a long time when I deleted some branches on my TS server. I needed to do a data conversion to this server, though, so I froze batch processes then deactivated the store with IWStoreadm.
When I reactivated the store, the batch processes were no longer on hold -- they didn't show up at all in IWStat output.
Is it possible that deactivating the store allowed the batch processes to complete -- while the store was inactive -- quicker than when the store was active?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
13adam13
I would imagine that de-activating the store, while batch processes were running on it (assuming that you only have one backing store), would have caused the batch processes to fail.
Were they processes that you can verify if they completed? If the batch processes were the actual deletion of the branches, then you probably succeeded in getting TS to ignore the branch in the backing store, but stopped it before it had completed actually removing the data (and possibly references to it).
In the past, I have had problems where I forced TS to stop processing a branch deletion (shutdown) without allowing it to finish, and the end result, months later, was an incredibly corrupted backing store.
I would recommend that you use the backing store utilities (like iwfsck) to make sure that you still have good data integrity before you loose weeks (like I did) to a corrupt backing store.