Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export dataset results to xml file during runtime
sanyonokia
Hi All,
I've been searching for a way to export dataset results to xml files during runtime, one xml file per dataset. I hope to achieve this with either some scripting in the dataset events or by creating an eventhandler for the datasets. Despite much searching I'm still unsure of how/where to begin.
Guidance as to how I should go about this would be much appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi sanyonokia,
In your report design if you select the data set and then switch to the script tab you should be able to write your scripts for the various events associated with that data set. The event onFetch is executed for each row fetched for the data set, initialization code can go in beforeOpen event handler.
Ashwini
sanyonokia
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="75195" data-time="1301418761" data-date="29 March 2011 - 10:12 AM"><p>
Hi sanyonokia,<br />
In your report design if you select the data set and then switch to the script tab you should be able to write your scripts for the various events associated with that data set. The event onFetch is executed for each row fetched for the data set, initialization code can go in beforeOpen event handler.<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Ashwini,<br />
<br />
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my question. Do you know of any way to write data from a dataset to disk, in xml format, as in what syntax I should use? (I'm a real beginner I apologise) I'm guessing it will occur in the onFetch method of the dataset, but I am not entirely sure how to go about.
averma
You will run into lot of security issues, since client side javascript doesn't have permission to write to the client machine without a lot of security options having to be disabled. One option is to export the report data through the menu option.