Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
OutOfmemory
claudiafic
Hello,
if I run the report on my local machine (Windows XP) with the Report Viewer the report works. If I deploy it on the Linux machine I get an out of memory error. I tried to increase the XXMaxPermSize put the error still doesn't work. The report is based on an SQL statement with which I create a data cube and this is the base for this report.
Can you please help me to resolve this issue.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
can you run the attached report and export it to pdf and post back?
Jason
claudiafic
Hello,
when I try to run this report I get the following error:
The report file of version "3.2.22" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one.
Thanks
claudiafic
Hello,
I've changed the report to the following version="3.2.20" and I get the attached result:
My local PC: file preview_local.pdf
Server: file preview_server.pdf
Thanks
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hi claudiafic,
XXMaxPermSize parameter is used to set the maximum permanent generation size only. As per my understanding, this memory is used when classes are loaded in the application.
I suggest you to try out and increase the Xms(min memory) and Xmx(max memory) and proceed. I have come across this error a couple of times, setting these parameter helped me come out of it.
regards
Arpan
claudiafic
I've just changed this two parameters to -Xms1024m and -Xmx1024m, but it doesn't resolve the problem
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'claudiafic'" data-cid="75251" data-time="1301477473" data-date="30 March 2011 - 02:31 AM"><p>
I've just changed this two parameters to -Xms1024m and -Xmx1024m, but it doesn't resolve the problem<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Don't give the same value. If you've got more memory, increase the Xmx to around 2g (-Xmx2g more if its a 64 bit machine) and can reduce Xms if required.<br />
Along with it, also give the permgen parameter, 512m or 1g would be sufficient.
claudiafic
Do you have any other ideas how I can resolve this problem. I've done some test with changing this parameters, but it doesn't help.
Thank you
CBR
Hi,
seeing in your pdfs you attached to your post you are running the report in preview mode on your local machine. On the server you are running the report in frameset mode. The preview and frameset mode are not compareable. Can you run the report in frameset mode on your local box to see if it works?
To run the report on your local machine you can simply run the preview and copy the url out of the preview window. Paste the url in a new browser window and substitute the string preview by frameset
claudiafic
Hello,
attached the correct file.
Thank you