Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab Report Sorting
GoBIRT
Hello -
I am running in to problem when designing report using cross tab table. I have a cross tab table that has three columns and three rows of data. I can sort for dimensions, but not by measures. I would like to be able to sort by measure in the report. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You should be able to sort by the measure. The first selection when setting up a sort dimension chooses which dimension level you'll sort by the key. The next thing you select is the key. The option should be there to choose the measure field as the key, I think. Obviously the dimension grouping will remain intact in the crosstab, so the sorting can only go so far as to sort within its dimension, so if you have a crosstab that is set up with row dimensions of country, state, and city and choose the group city to sort by and choose the measure, it will sort the cities within the state, but not within the country or overall. If in this case want to sort by country, you'd choose the country dimension then choose the measure for the key and then the crosstab would be sorted by the total sum of the measures for each country. Let me know if you need an example or have questions.
jyothsna.tummala
<p>Hello Williams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please provide the working example for the same.It would be a great help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jyothsna.</p>
Ayuash
<div>Hi all,</div>
<p>I need your help regarding the Birt report .<br>
</p>
<p>Please let me know if it is possible . the functionality seems simple .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is the functionality needed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks Ayush</p>
<div>[sharedmedia=core:attachments:13765]</div>