Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
merging two page report data into one
Ronak
I amj creating master master detail report. when i run the report in pdf format the master reports are generated on one page and the detail report moves to another report.
I want to have the report on one page and after completion of that page it moves to next page
how to do that?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? Is your second table embedded in the first? Are you setting "avoid" on any of your page break inside settings?
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75318" data-time="1301588647" data-date="31 March 2011 - 09:24 AM"><p>
What is your BIRT version? Is your second table embedded in the first? Are you setting "avoid" on any of your page break inside settings?<br />
version is 2.5.1.v20090903<br />
and yes table embed in first.<br />
yes. setting avoid in the other tables except master.<br />
even I remove the avoid it dnt work.<br />
can u tell me the scenario of creating the master-master-detail table?<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Try one thing for me first. Select the row of the outer table that contains the embedded, detail table. Go to the pagebreak section of the property editor and set the "inside" value to "avoid". Save your report, then change it back and save your report and run it. I've noticed that the default, even though it says "auto", actually avoids the page break inside. Manually switching it, then switching it back seems to help.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75370" data-time="1301666112" data-date="01 April 2011 - 06:55 AM"><p>
Try one thing for me first. Select the row of the outer table that contains the embedded, detail table. Go to the pagebreak section of the property editor and set the "inside" value to "avoid". Save your report, then change it back and save your report and run it. I've noticed that the default, even though it says "auto", actually avoids the page break inside. Manually switching it, then switching it back seems to help.<br />
<br />
Hii...,<br />
<br />
It wont work.<br />
Result is same.<br />
The two master data are displayed on one page and the detail table moves to next page.<br />
Also the detail table went to next page automatically when it cant fixed int he space of the first page.<br />
but I want the detail data to be displayed on the first page and if require it can move to next page.<br />
If I retrives less detail data from database then it works. but if I have more then 8 tables then it entirely starts displaying on the next page and carries on.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Can you recreate your issue with the sample, Classic Models, database and attach the report in here? I'll take a look at how you've set up your report and see if I can get something to work. Thanks.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75375" data-time="1301667255" data-date="01 April 2011 - 07:14 AM"><p>
Can you recreate your issue with the sample, Classic Models, database and attach the report in here? I'll take a look at how you've set up your report and see if I can get something to work. Thanks.<br />
<br />
<br />
ok.<br />
I will prepare it and soon I will send it to you.<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
Ronak
Sir,
This is the sample report for the master-master- detail table. Tell me the changes to be done.
Thank you
mwilliams
I don't know that I'm noticing the issue? Do you see the issue if you run the report as is? You have a page break after set as always for your grid that surrounds your tables, so each customer starts on a new page. If I change this to auto, I think I see what you're saying. I change the page break interval of the inner most table to 0 and did what I said above about setting the page break inside to "avoid" then back to "auto". It seems to work now. The only space below anything is the height set up for the grid if there is no data in it.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75391" data-time="1301686737" data-date="01 April 2011 - 12:38 PM"><p>
I don't know that I'm noticing the issue? Do you see the issue if you run the report as is? You have a page break after set as always for your grid that surrounds your tables, so each customer starts on a new page. If I change this to auto, I think I see what you're saying. I change the page break interval of the inner most table to 0 and did what I said above about setting the page break inside to "avoid" then back to "auto". It seems to work now. The only space below anything is the height set up for the grid if there is no data in it.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Can You tell me how to make the grid size to auto? So as when there are large data it can increase automatically and set as per the requirement.<br />
I dnt have any problem if the detail data moves to the next page as they are large in size.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
If you move the tables out of the grid and delete the grid cell that they were in, you shouldn't have this issue. You only need the grid for arranging the other items, correct? The tables can just be below this.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75391" data-time="1301686737" data-date="01 April 2011 - 12:38 PM"><p>
I don't know that I'm noticing the issue? Do you see the issue if you run the report as is? You have a page break after set as always for your grid that surrounds your tables, so each customer starts on a new page. If I change this to auto, I think I see what you're saying. I change the page break interval of the inner most table to 0 and did what I said above about setting the page break inside to "avoid" then back to "auto". It seems to work now. The only space below anything is the height set up for the grid if there is no data in it.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Hii,<br />
I send you the rpt design file of the report. In this whenenver I runs the report in pdf, the detail data will move to the new page if the content of the detail is very large i.e cant fit in the space after the master data.<br />
What I want is to continue the detail data to be placed after the master data and if it is large then it can move to the new page.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
Ronak
Can you tell me the scenario that how should I start the master master detail report i.e shall I take list then grid etc.
Thanks
mwilliams
You built a master, master, detail report just as it should be built, including using dataSet parameter binding to join the inner and outer tables. The only thing about your design that caused the last issue with the extra space was when there was no data in the most inner table, the space was still there because you used a grid to surround it that had a height specified. You don't necessarily need a grid here at all. You could have used extra table headers or group headers to display information that you want to show each time a new group shows. Using the grid is fine too, but unless you're having alighnment issues, you wouldn't need to surround the tables with the grid. Hopefully this answers your question.
mwilliams
Is the most recent report you posted different than the previous one? I didn't look at the most recent one. Let me know.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75413" data-time="1301924691" data-date="04 April 2011 - 06:44 AM"><p>
Is the most recent report you posted different than the previous one? I didn't look at the most recent one. Let me know.<br />
<br />
<br />
The problem I m facing for my report can be resolves using scripts??<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
The way to solve your issue is the same as before. As I said, there is a bug with the original "auto" setting for the page break inside on the row that contains the most inner table. So, the way to solve this is, you have your 2 tables. Select the outer of these two tables, the one with the Orderdate. Then, select the row of this table that contains the embedded table. Go to the page break section in the property editor for the row. Change the "inside" setting to "always". Save your report. Now, change it back to "auto" and save your report again. Now, run your report. The issue should no longer be there. This worked for me on your most recently posted report.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75424" data-time="1301936110" data-date="04 April 2011 - 09:55 AM"><p>
The way to solve your issue is the same as before. As I said, there is a bug with the original "auto" setting for the page break inside on the row that contains the most inner table. So, the way to solve this is, you have your 2 tables. Select the outer of these two tables, the one with the Orderdate. Then, select the row of this table that contains the embedded table. Go to the page break section in the property editor for the row. Change the "inside" setting to "always". Save your report. Now, change it back to "auto" and save your report again. Now, run your report. The issue should no longer be there. This worked for me on your most recently posted report.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Hi sir,<br />
Can you send me the report for which you are saying its working for you? <br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Here it is. I also got rid of your grid and took the page break after "always" off of your inner list.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75429" data-time="1301937543" data-date="04 April 2011 - 10:19 AM"><p>
Here it is. I also got rid of your grid and took the page break after "always" off of your inner list.<br />
<br />
<br />
ya, now its looking good. but again the problem occurs is if for a particular table if the result in generated it should nt get divided. for eg: At the completion of first page the order date is coming on first page at last and status comes on the start of next page. It should not happen. It shouldbe like that either they come on first or second. If space is in the first page then they should be fixed there, else can move to second page.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Set the page break after on the orderDate line to 'avoid'. I also set the page break before to "avoid" on the status line to make sure it didn't happen, but that fixes it. Take a look.
Ronak
Hi sir,
Thew report you send to me also has a problem. In that case the data gets repeated many times.
mwilliams
I didn't fix any data issues with your report. Just the space at the end of the page issue you had. To fix your repeated data issue, you'll need to either grab only distinct data for the outer tables so that the values don't repeat or you'll need to group the outer tables and move the inner tables to group footers. Hope this helps.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75435" data-time="1301942022" data-date="04 April 2011 - 11:33 AM"><p>
I didn't fix any data issues with your report. Just the space at the end of the page issue you had. To fix your repeated data issue, you'll need to either grab only distinct data for the outer tables so that the values don't repeat or you'll need to group the outer tables and move the inner tables to group footers. Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
<br />
Hello Sir,<br />
I am getting problem in binding the most inner table. The master table gets bind with its master table but the detail table didnt gets bind with tyhe master of it.<br />
Even if it get binds it shows error like: Cannot get result set metadata. SQL statement does not return a result set object.<br />
<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
Ronak
Hi Sir,
Here I send you a PDF report in which i am getting one problem as per my requirement. In PDF you can see that there remains a space between first and second page of the report.
i.e in master master detail report the detail contains many data blocks so it moves to next page. I want it to start from the space available in the first page and if requires then it can move to next page.
mwilliams
Can you attach the report that made this output? I'll check it out and do the same things I've done to the other reports and then pass it back to you to run it. See if it works.