Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birt vs daylight saving time
pagepage
Hi all!
I would have a big problem.
I am sorry for my English knowledge, I am not very good in English, but I'll try to write my problem.
Here the time is GMT +1:00, and we set forward the clock one hour at 2.00 am to 3.00 am on 27th March 2011 by daylight saving time.
And the problem is the BIRT went crazy at this time. Here I attached two pictures.
First picture we could see, that it jumps it at 2.00 am and hold it until 3.00 am.
The red line is a constant line (75), that wouldn't jump it, but it jumped.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Just looking at the plot, the values double for that hour, so it seems that because of DST that there are duplicate records possibly for those times, so the duplicate records are being summed. If you click on the "sorting and grouping" button next to your x-axis field selection in the chart editor, is grouping enabled? If so, try changing the aggregation function from SUM to FIRST to see if that solves your problem, unless you need to use the sum function to get the correct values for all the other points.
pagepage
ohh, thanks mwilliams, that was the problem, you really are a guru
<br />
I love using BIRT, thanks for your reply.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75423" data-time="1301934769" data-date="04 April 2011 - 09:32 AM"><p>
Just looking at the plot, the values double for that hour, so it seems that because of DST that there are duplicate records possibly for those times, so the duplicate records are being summed. If you click on the "sorting and grouping" button next to your x-axis field selection in the chart editor, is grouping enabled? If so, try changing the aggregation function from SUM to FIRST to see if that solves your problem, unless you need to use the sum function to get the correct values for all the other points.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Not a problem at all. Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!