Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Generating rptdocument adn getting null in return
bennyben
Hi all... It is my first post on this forum and I hope you guys can help me!!
I started using Birt Report Designer Pro in the enterprise I work in...
I created a report with a table and a crosstab, multiple datasets and parameters. I can run the report just fine, export it to PDF but when I try to generate the rptdocument via Run==>Generate Document, I only get null in the viewer. I did another report with a crosstab, table and parameters, it works just fine... Any idea?
Thanks
Ben
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is this Actuate 11 BRD Pro? Or an earlier version? What was the difference between the two reports that you made in which one worked for you and one didn't? Can you recreate this issue with the sample database and attach the reports?
bennyben
Yes it is Actuate 11. The main difference is the number of datasets used : I only have one in the report that worked. I tried to use the sample database but then I get another error, I attached it.
Don't know what to do to get it working properly.
Thanks for the help
bennyben
I rerun the report and the I only get : Error while running the report... I don't have the problem using my own datawarehouse...
mwilliams
Are you using getBytes in your SQL statement trying to use the sample database? That seems to be the cause of the error above.
bennyben
Hi,
No I'm not using any getBytes statement in my SQL query... I have uploaded the file so maybe if you can look at it that would be very nice of you!!
Thank you!!