Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
URGENT - PRODUCTION ISSUE ---- Parameter window not opening behind CISCO VPN
Pujan
Hello<br />
<br />
I have installed the latest version of BIRT Web Viewer as part of the .war file. Its working fine locally. but the Parameter Dialog is not opening behind the CISCO VPN. <br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Please help as soon as possible, since this issue is on Production.</strong><br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Pujan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Pujan
After debugging I found that the issue is with IE 8.0. BIRT Viewer works with I.E 7.0
Can anyone help resolving the issue of BIRT Viewer working with IE 8.
Thanks
Pujan
mwilliams
I have IE8 on my machine. I don't recall noticing any issues with the BIRT viewer. What is your BIRT version you have deployed? Maybe it's a certain BIRT version with IE8. Let me know.
Pujan
Hello
I am using Web Viewer 2.6.1 version
As per index.jsp
String viewerVersion = "2.6.1";
String engineVersion = "2.6.1";
mwilliams
Maybe there is a security setting in IE8 that is not in IE7 that causes you issues. You might look for something like that.
Pujan
Hello Michael,
The issue is happening only when the report is accessed via Cisco VPN & IE 8.0 - Is there any settings in the BIRT Viewer to resolve this issue.
Thanks
Pujan
mwilliams
Pujan,
I don't believe there is a setting in the viewer for this. Was there no setting in IE8 that might affect this? So, if you're not on VPN, it works fine with IE8? It could also possibly be some sort of VPN setting, but it sounds like a "security" setting that IE8 might have. I have not heard of this issue before and I don't have a way to test it.