Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Having SCE appear for JSP
bradp
I'm trying to get the SCE tab to appear when a JSP page is
opened from TeamSite. I've been successful in redirecting it to my AppServer using an entry in the [iwproxy_preconnect_remap] section of iw.cfg.
I found another thread where there was some discussion relating to this, and a long, convoluted regex was given. I tried this, but to no avail.
Has anyone had any luck in this area ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Please provide the iwproxy_preconnect_remap regex that you are using and also describe how the receiving web server is configured to refer back to the TeamSite server.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
bradp
Here is my iwproxy_preconnect_remap section.
The first _regex is the one that works. I configured
my AppServer (Tomcat) to have a Context called /teamsite, that refers back to the branch under /iwmnt. This works in that it will open and render the JSP. The second, commented out _regex, is the one that I copied from the other thread, and mucked around with.
Please provide any help that you can.
[iwproxy_preconnect_remap]
# This one works
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/TireAdvisor_test/(.*)\.jsp=
http://oncecnd1.onc.michelin.com:8081/t
eamsite/TireAdvisor_test/$1\.jsp
# This one doesn't
#_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/TireAdvisor_test/(.*)[&?]iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true=http
/oncecnd1.onc.michelin.com/teamsite/$1_regex=^(/iw-mount/default/main/TireAdvisor_test[^?]*)$=h
ttp://oncecnd1.onc.michelin.com:8081$1?iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true_regex=^(/iw-mount/defa
ult/main/TireAdvisor_test[^?]*\?.*)$=
http://oncecnd1.onc.michelin.com:8081$1&iw_smart_context_edi
t_recurse\=true
Adam Stoller
I believe the way you get the SCE to show up is by having the redirected / rewritten URL start off with /iw-mount/ - can you change the "Context" from being called "/teamsite" to being "/iw-mount" - and possibly change the regex to something like:
_regex=^(/iw-mount/.*TireAdvisort_test/.*\.jsp(\?.*)?$=http:/oncecnd1.onc.michelin.com:8081/$1
I'll admit, I haven't done much of this kind of thing with JSPs, so this is really a bit of guess work on my part - if you get something back that sounds more authoritative, go for it...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
DFC_6.5_SP2_JavaDocs.zip
bradp
I tried this, and didn't have any luck. However, I tried this, and
it worked ( I gleaned this info from the Support Tech Articals):
Context in server.xml:
<Context path="/iw-mount/default/main"
docBase="/iwmnt/default/main/"
crossContext="false"
debug="0"
reloadable="true" />
Entry in iw.cfg:
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/TireAdvisor_test/(.*)\.jsp=
http://oncecnd1.onc.michelin.com:8081/i
w-mount/default/main/TireAdvisor_test/$1\.jsp?iw_sce_recurse\=true
Thanks for you help !
catorarn
Hi,
I am trying to get this working for a jsp that resides in the tomcat webapps folder <iw-home>/servletd/webapps/sceexamples/testBlobulator.jsp, any idea how to get this done?
I have the following preconnect rule in iw.cfg and that brings up the jsp page result, but does not bring up the SCE tab:
[iwproxy_preconnect_remap]
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/egeekzone/intranet/WORKAREA/work/testblobulator.xml=
http://localhost:8080/sceexample/testBlobulator.jsp?id=/iw-mount/default/main/egeekzone/intranet/WORKAREA/work/testBlobulator(.*).xml?iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true
_regex=^(/iw-mount[^?]*)$=
http://localhost:1080/iw-mount/default/main/egeekzone/intranet/WORKAREA/work/testBlobulator.xml?iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true
If I put in your jsp virtualization line that works!:
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/egeekzone/intranet/WORKAREA/work/testblobulator.xml=
http://localhost:8080/sceexample/testBlobulator.jsp?id=/iw-mount/default/main/egeekzone/intranet/WORKAREA/work/testBlobulator(.*).xml?iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true
cheers,
arnouxe
Migrateduser
Please run your own servlet engine, rather than adding your jsps to the TeamSite servlet engine.
catorarn
Hi,
I installed jsdk1.4.1_02 and tomcat 3.2.4 on the TS552sp2b/Solaris8 server and set up the jsp page to virtualize from there. The iwproxy_preconnect_remap rule is now working on port 8100 for that tomcat instance, however the SCE tab is not showing. Tomcat examples are working fine and TS is also working fine,
any idea?
Migrateduser
FYI, the iw_sce_recurse variable in the right-hand side of your preconnect_remap rule is unnecessary.
Migrateduser
Did you try a similar setup to bradp, above?
The key is to make sure the post-rewrite URL path looks like a TS path -- that is, /iw-mount/something/main/something/STAGING/etc.
catorarn
Hi,
I am working on a setup to get the SCE bar for jsps working on a WAS40 server with TS60 for the petstore example in WebSphere.
The following settings apply:
target application:
http://10.101.1.84/estore
branch: /iwmount/default/main/petstore/WORKAREA/dev1
Here are the iw.cfg settings:
[iwproxy_preconnect_remap]
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/petstore/WORKAREA/dev1/petstore.ear/petstore.war/(.*\.jsp)[&?]iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true=
http://10.101.1.84/estore/$1
_regex=^(/iw-mount/default/main/petstore/[^?]*\.jsp)$=
http://localhost:1080$1?iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true
_regex=^(/iw-mount/default/main/petstore/[^?]*\.jsp\?.*)$=
http://localhost:1080$1&iw_smart_context_edit_recurse\=true
The WebSphere server's apache logs show that the request has gone back to the TS server, the iwproxy -d output shows this:
[Read block complete. Size: 2039]
[sending block]
[Write (Server->Client) Failed. Error: -1]
[iwproxy: connection complete. Closing server socket.]
I have seen multiple KB articles and found more information in the IWOV databases, however I have never seen this JSP SCE tab in action.
I know that TS60 is rather new to put into this forum, however I tried using TS552 without luck on this. Interwoven support is not going to assist on proxy rules, so that is why I refer to DevNet.