Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Image Data Modification
pawasarmol
Hello All,
I have a strange requirement in which I have an image, on to which I have to write data.
Just to give an example, let say I have USA map image with all the states, and say I have to display population of each state on that map. i.e. I want my report to display the USA map as it is , but have additional dynamic information written on it next to each state.
I am attaching the image for more clarity.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If using HTML output, you could bookmark your elements and write a client side script to position them where you'd like, which could include overlaying them on an image. It wouldn't work for outputting to PDF though. I'm not sure if Actuate BIRT's Flash maps has a solution for this. I'll have to check on that.
pawasarmol
Thanks for quick reply. <br />
Can you elaborate more regarding bookmark and positioning element. Any sample example would be of great help. Thank you..<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75617" data-time="1302193792" data-date="07 April 2011 - 09:29 AM"><p>
If using HTML output, you could bookmark your elements and write a client side script to position them where you'd like, which could include overlaying them on an image. It wouldn't work for outputting to PDF though. I'm not sure if Actuate BIRT's Flash maps has a solution for this. I'll have to check on that.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Ok. Save the image in your resource folder. Sizing should be set up for it to work correctly. Let me know if you have questions.
pawasarmol
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75643" data-time="1302214094" data-date="07 April 2011 - 03:08 PM"><p>
Ok. Save the image in your resource folder. Sizing should be set up for it to work correctly. Let me know if you have questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Great.. Thanks a lot for ur prompt help!!
mwilliams
Not a problem. Remember though, this will not work in PDF. There is another thread asking your same question except they are trying to do this in PDF. In that thread, I posted an example using grids to position the element under the state. So, in case you have to do this in PDF, that thread is here:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/22026-displaying-data-on-an-image/
pawasarmol
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75665" data-time="1302272390" data-date="08 April 2011 - 07:19 AM"><p>
Not a problem. Remember though, this will not work in PDF. There is another thread asking your same question except they are trying to do this in PDF. In that thread, I posted an example using grids to position the element under the state. So, in case you have to do this in PDF, that thread is here: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/22026-displaying-data-on-an-image/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/22026-displaying-data-on-an-image/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
Great.. Thanks once again.. Appreciate all your help.
vensw
Can you explain how to display the population on the state and in the script you wrote as Texas Population. Can you tell me where to define the term Texas population. Thanks..
mwilliams
TexasPopulation is the bookmark I created for the grid containing that element. This is done in the "bookmark" tab of the property editor for the grid element.
vensw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75733" data-time="1302539155" data-date="11 April 2011 - 09:25 AM"><p>
TexasPopulation is the bookmark I created for the grid containing that element. This is done in the "bookmark" tab of the property editor for the grid element.<br /></p></blockquote>
Yeah got it...Thanks !!
vensw
When I'm adding more data to the map it is not aligned exactly next to the state name. And how can we get a copy of the html file if we wanted to place the reprot in a server.
mwilliams
You're setting the position of the data with the server side script, so it should end up right where you place it. If you deploy the BIRT webViewerExample to an application server, you can call the report in HTML format by URL. This will run the report with the most recent data.
vensw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75814" data-time="1302638827" data-date="12 April 2011 - 01:07 PM"><p>
You're setting the position of the data with the server side script, so it should end up right where you place it. If you deploy the BIRT webViewerExample to an application server, you can call the report in HTML format by URL. This will run the report with the most recent data.<br /></p></blockquote>
Can we save HTML report after generating. Thanks!!
mwilliams
If you deploy the viewer and use the run command rather than the frameset command, you can view the source from your browser and copy and paste it into a file to save. Or you could run the report from the command line with the genReport.bat file in the runtime download as html and save the output to where you want it to go.