Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Word Wrap
rmendonsa
I have a long description text that gets truncated when outputting to a pdf format. Is there a way to wrap the text so that it does not get truncated. This is in BIRT 2.3.2.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you find the "whitespace" property under "text" in your advanced properties in the property editor, make sure it is set to normal rather than no wrapping.
rmendonsa
Thanks Michael! The "whitespace" property is set to "normal", however, it still truncates the text. Is there any other property besides "whitespace" that I could set, to make the text wrap?
mwilliams
What is your text? Is it a URL or something without a break character in it? It might be a bug from back in that version or something.
rmendonsa
You are probably right. It might be a bug in the version. It is not an URL. It is plain text. Will investigate a little more by using a different version of adobe.
Thank you very much for your help.
mwilliams
I tried this in 2.3.2 and in PDF, the long text wraps as expected for me. Do you maybe have a height set on your row that is taking preference over the long text needing to wrap? If not, can you attach your report design. I'll see if I notice anything that could be causing the issue.
VinceG
We are having same issues and try using on the data, cell, row, table element: <br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><property name="whiteSpace">normal</property></pre> <br />
<br />
But still no luck, it is cutting off end of my word if it goes over the size of the field, instead of wrapping it to go to the next line. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks<br />
<br />
BIRT version: 3.7.1<br />
Out format: html or PDF
veerababuk
HI,
I am having issue in wraping the text when there is a word length more than column width for PDF Reports, is there any option to avoid that?
The BIRT version I am using is 2.2.2.
Thanks,
Veerababu K