Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table with dynamic columns
alirezaS
Hi
I need to show a table in my report but the problem is here that the columns and their names are dynamic and would extract from my data set. Something like the attached file. (It shows the actual/planned completed percent of a project in every month from start of project. You may notice that these months are dynamic and may change corresponding to the selected project/month [which are report parameters]) Is there anyway I can do this with birt??? (I'm using the latest version 2.6!)
Thanks for your time
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I wasn't able to open your file for some reason, but from what you describe, your issue might be able to be solved with a crosstab. It is able to have dynamic columns based on your data.
alirezaS
It's true that crosstab can have dynamic columns but it's not appropriate for my report, semantically! I would have to use some fake data as aggregation for my cross tab. I'm looking for some other/better solution.
But thanks for your attention!
mwilliams
Can you show a sample of what your data looks like and then show how you want that data to look in your report design? I'll try to put something together that does it for you. Thanks!
alirezaS
The attached file is a good sample. Why you can't open it?
mwilliams
I was able to open it now. Not sure what the issue was before. This is how you want your report to look. What does your actual dataSet data look like? This will help me in suggesting what to do or to show how a crosstab can be used easily.
alirezaS
Thanks for your help! I used cross tab to solve my problem!
mwilliams
Great to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions!
mrinalzalpuri
had the same requirement with dynamic columns and used crosstab. my output format is csv and I have used a csv emitter. I have attached a zip with 4 files
1. my rpt design file
2. input data for the report
3. output.xls which is what is required. this is csv representation in XLS
4. output.csv which is what I am currently getting from my design file
I am unable to make the output same as the requirement, please help
MZ