Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt in a cluster environment
spulci
Hallo,
I need to place my Birt application in a clustered environment. I've got this requisites:
1) I can't access a shared filesystem between clusters. So I can't add .rptdesign and .rptdocument files generated using API to this space
2) I need to place this files in BLOB columns on a dedicated db TABLE with other metadata columns (like timestamp). A trigger will eventually delete records that do not respect some conditions.
I'll render report using BIRT tags inside jsp. Does Birt API offer methods to have XML rptdesign and documents file offered as binary streams? Should I use in every case a temporary file system space to generate files before db storage and before passing them to tag library?
Thanks
Simon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Simon,
You could use a url for a report desgin, but with 2.6.2 and higher you will need to set a web.xml setting for this. Look at URL Security Bug:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/birt-262-enhancements.html
You could then write a servlet that returns a stream with the design from your blob type.
Jason