Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
New feature proposal: DEAPI IRunTask Interface
spulci
Hallo,
I want to contribute to Birt with this idea. At the moment IRunTask does not offer an easy way to obtain an rptdocument on a Stream, at least not direct as IRenderTaks implementation using HTMLRenderOption class. I hope that in future version Birt developers can provide via API a similar mechanism to stream the rptdocument file. I understand that the structure of the rptdocument is somewhat complex (it's a binary format, it's compressed and the abstraction to interact with it's to manage an archive with contenents and dirs).
But my need it's easy than interact with the file. I need the stream just to store it on a BLOB column on db to avoid a file storage (I need to control the cache using a db instead of a storage). Storing the output format in HTML, PDF and XLS is less convenient than storing the intermediate format itself. I can pay a little to render an output but I suppose it's a better solution than storing three different formats at least to limit the space available.
Thanks a lot
Simon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Simon,
The way to request an enhancement to BIRT is to post an enhancement request here:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
If you link to the enhancement request in here after making it, others who come across this thread and agree with you can vote on your request!
spulci
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75876" data-time="1302788081" data-date="14 April 2011 - 06:34 AM"><p>
Hi Simon,<br />
<br />
The way to request an enhancement to BIRT is to post an enhancement request here:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a><br
/>
<br />
If you link to the enhancement request in here after making it, others who come across this thread and agree with you can vote on your request!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Request is on Bugzilla. Here is the link:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=342836'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=342836</a><br
/>
<br />
Feel free to evaluate and vote. ^_^