Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Output Columns
cthompson
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.5.2 with a jdbc data source. I am having two main issues:
1. When I add a new column to select in my query, a record is automatically added to the output
column for that new record. The problem is, my column's data type is BIGINT in my database.
When the output column is automatically set up, it defaults the type as decimal, how can I change
the output column type to Integer?
2. When I "preview results" of my data set, no results are returned. When the report is ran, the user
has to enter an idwhich is for the column mentioned in number 1. Therefore, I am not sure if the issue
in number 1 is the reason I do not receive an results.
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
For issue number 2, do you limit your dataSet by a parameter? If so, and there is not a default value in your paramter, or the default value returns no data, you'll receive no data. I don't think issue 1 would affect this.
cthompson
Yes, I do limit by dataset by a parameter. I also put a default value in my parameter. When I run
my sql statment outside of BIRT with the default parameter, a result is returned...
mwilliams
Can you attach your report? I'll take a look to see if I notice anything.
cthompson
The issue was that my library was pointing to a different odaURL. When I changed the datasource, I didn't change the library. My report works. Thanks for your help...
mwilliams
That'll do it every time.
Let us know whenever you have questions!