Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding/ locking parameters on BIRT report viewer parameters dialog
shikaris
Is there a way to hide or lock(disable) parameter fields on the BIRT report viewer dialog?
For example, I have JNDI resource for datasource as parameter I do not want to show this to the user
Another business scenario is there are certain parameter values (e.g. department code) that an user cannot change as the user should not be able to run reports on other departments.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
You can set a parameter to hidden but why not use session variables and access them in the expression builder or in script?
reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getSession().getAttribute("jndiurl");
Jason
shikaris
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="75955" data-time="1302882598" data-date="15 April 2011 - 08:49 AM"><p>
You can set a parameter to hidden but why not use session variables and access them in the expression builder or in script?<br />
<br />
reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getSession().getAttribute("jndiurl");<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
Session variable is a good idea. I might start with hiding the parameters. Probably end up using both - I can see situations where a parameter needs to be shown/hidden programatically