Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Invisible Grand Total column
lowks
Dear People,
I need a grand Total column for calculation purposes only and would not like to show it in the final report. I am generating the report in xls and notice even when I set the column's Display property to "No Display" what comes out under the grandtotal column is a blank column. I have even set "shrink" to true but the column is still there.
Can someone help me get over this hump ?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This sounds like an issue with the XLS emitter. Are you using the most recent version of BIRT? (2.6.2) If not, I'll check to see if 2.6.2 does this too. If so, please log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
lowks
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75991" data-time="1303133219" data-date="18 April 2011 - 06:26 AM"><p>
This sounds like an issue with the XLS emitter. Are you using the most recent version of BIRT? (2.6.2) If not, I'll check to see if 2.6.2 does this too. If so, please log a bug for this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
I tried using the csv emitter and I found that the column is empty but it's shows up as empty ',,' (without quotes). I am using the latest Birt.
mwilliams
Yeah, that sounds like what I would consider a bug. Please log it at the link I posted above. Also, if you could include your bug info in here for future reference, that'd be great. They may be able to give you some sort of workaround.