Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
is there any limit on cross tab row size using bit reports?
vbolisetti
Hi,
I am facing one problem while running my birt report. i have a crosstab that displays data. it was working fine till yesterday. i have noticed one problem that if result row size is more than 4000 i am getting "Retrieving binding data error "
how can i resolve this problem? can some one help me.
thank you in advance.
Thank you
vijay kumar bolisetti
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't think there's a row limit on crosstabs. There is a cube limit you can set in your web.xml, I think, but that's the only limitation I can think of. Is this happening in the designer or in the web viewer?
vbolisetti
Hi, Williams i will explain you the scenario where i had this problem. I think it is not the no of rows it is the cross tab height and width problem i believe.<br />
<br />
Here i have attached the excel sheet it contains the data what i have used( this is result of a store procedure, i have exported that result as an excel). <br />
<br />
Now i have designed the cross tab to display according to that image attached below (if image is not displayed follow this description to create it. <br />
<br />
First create a table with any name in your local data base and insert the rows from excel to table. These are the fields you will see them in table<strong class='bbc'>"operation operation_name activity_name AccountingYear monthName MonthId Quantity UnitName " </strong>. Define the data source, data set and cross tab in your design. Except quantity reaming fields are groups. I have dragged the monthId and monthname above the Quantity measure header in crosstab. This finishes my cross tab design.<br />
<br />
Next i try to review it will work but you need to run through View Report On Web viewer. At the end of the page you will see the <strong class='bbc'>"Retrieving binding data error "</strong>.<br />
<br />
Can anyone try this out and tell me how to overcome this error.
mwilliams
I use the XLS file as a CSV flat file dataSource and run it with a crosstab as shown in the .doc file and I do not receive an error when I run it in the web viewer. I get an errorless report that is 29 pages long. Running it as XLS shows that there are 417 rows in the crosstab, including header rows. Not sure what is going on on your end to give you an error and not me.
mwilliams
The same happens if I set it up to be used as a JDBC dataSet.