Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing Multi-select Report Parameter Value(s) Using a Drill-Through Hyperlink
kpelzer29
Is there a way I can pass the value(s) selected from a multi-select report parameter in one report to a multi-select report parameter in another report using a drill-through hyperlink?
I have set up a drill-through hyperlink and specified the report parameters and values in Step 1: Select a target report of the Hyperlink Options window. I keep getting this error message box pop-up: "The trigger data is invalid or its type is unknown".
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Convert the parameter to a comma separated string using the join(",") function. Then, you can pass it through a string parameter.
kpelzer29
That worked! Thank you! <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76204" data-time="1303658901" data-date="24 April 2011 - 08:28 AM"><p>
Convert the parameter to a comma separated string using the join(",") function. Then, you can pass it through a string parameter.<br /></p></blockquote>
tbirtmass
Hi ,<br />
I tried that. It?s worked when I run the report in Eclipse/Birt but when I try to run in the web application I get this message:<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>CTGTRA011E The value [ 1, 2, 3 ] specified for parameter [ Rede ] for the design [ /OMNIbus Reports/Performance/Perf_Details.rptdesign ] associated with report [ ] is not valid. The valid values are: [ [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ] ] <br />
null </em><br />
<br />
Any ideas?<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76204" data-time="1303658901" data-date="24 April 2011 - 08:28 AM"><p>
Convert the parameter to a comma separated string using the join(",") function. Then, you can pass it through a string parameter.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
tbirtmass,
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database and attach the report in here so I can run it from the web viewer and see this error happen?
tbirtmass
mwilliams,<br />
<br />
Sorry about the delay. I could recreate the issue but the problem isn?t when I run the report in the Designer and integrated Web Viewer. The problem is when I run the report in the application server.<br />
Actually this is not the only problem I had when I run the reports in the application server.<br />
I?m facing problems like the expression "params["para1"].displayText" doesn?t work in the application server while de expression "params["para1"].value" works fine.<br />
I read an issue that look like this in the following link:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg25241.html'>http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg25241.html</a><br
/>
but I?m not sure where should I place the code in the report design.<br />
I don?t really know if those issues are related, but it?s weird the report works fine in the web viewer and don?t work in the application server. <br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76395" data-time="1304010305" data-date="28 April 2011 - 10:05 AM"><p>
tbirtmass,<br />
<br />
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database and attach the report in here so I can run it from the web viewer and see this error happen?<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
I would be running the report on the deployed viewer to test this if you sent me a report that had this issue when deployed.
mwilliams
.displayText doesn't work for a multi-value parameter, btw, I don't believe. You'd have to create a comma separated string of your selected values in the onFetch of your dataSet or something to display the "displayText" of the multi-select report parameter.
tbirtmass
When I mentioned that the ".displayText" is not working I meant for all reports in the application server. Again, in the integrate Web Viewer works fine. I?m gonna recreate the issues and I?ll post here.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76689" data-time="1304701786" data-date="06 May 2011 - 10:09 AM"><p>
.displayText doesn't work for a multi-value parameter, btw, I don't believe. You'd have to create a comma separated string of your selected values in the onFetch of your dataSet or something to display the "displayText" of the multi-select report parameter.<br /></p></blockquote>
romanga
Hi,
I need to pass several static values to parameter in drill down form, from main form.
For example - I have parameter PStatus in drill down form. And I am filtering my table by that parameter. From my main form I want pass, from hyperlink options,
following static values for parameter PStatus: "aaa", "bbb", "ccc".
What is the syntax for passing several values to PStatus?
I am useing Birt Hyperlink Options, Report Parameters table.
Data type is String.
When I wrote:
"aaa","bbb" it worked fine, but when I typed "aaa","bbb","ccc" it doesn't work
thanks.