Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multi-select Selector
kpelzer29
I am creating a dashboard using BIRT Designer Professional. Is it possible to create a multi-select selector? I was able to display a parameter as a new selector, but I am only able to select one item from the list at a time. The report parameter is a multi-select parameter.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rmurphy
When you say you are creating a dashboard using BIRT Designer Pro, do you mean you are creating a report that will act like a dashboard or are you creating a report to be used with the BIRT 360 Dashboard capabilities of the iServer?
johnw
Short answer, yes. Long answer, yes, but it will require a bit of custom coding using a 3rd party widget. Cascading parameters in the 360 Dashboard show up as seperate windows that are linked together, but you can build a "tree view" widget using something like GWT, and with some scripting, find the report viewers and update them manually.
kpelzer29
Hi rmurphy,<br />
<br />
I have already created a report and I have added the report to a dashboard on the iServer. I have not been able to find a setting to make the selector allow the user to select multiple items from the List control. <br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rmurphy'" data-cid="76242" data-time="1303833565" data-date="26 April 2011 - 08:59 AM"><p>
When you say you are creating a dashboard using BIRT Designer Pro, do you mean you are creating a report that will act like a dashboard or are you creating a report to be used with the BIRT 360 Dashboard capabilities of the iServer?<br /></p></blockquote>
rmurphy
You should be able to select multiple items in the list by holding the CTRL button while clicking.
kpelzer29
Hi johnw,<br />
<br />
Do I need to use cascading parameters if I only need one selector that allows the user to select multiple items from the List control?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="76271" data-time="1303856305" data-date="26 April 2011 - 03:18 PM"><p>
Short answer, yes. Long answer, yes, but it will require a bit of custom coding using a 3rd party widget. Cascading parameters in the 360 Dashboard show up as seperate windows that are linked together, but you can build a "tree view" widget using something like GWT, and with some scripting, find the report viewers and update them manually.<br /></p></blockquote>
johnw
Sorry, misunderstood the question. I thought you were asking about a cascading parameter. follow robs suggestions, the universal Ctrl or Shift key while clicking will do the trick.