Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to hide a parameter on runtime?
Jospa
Hi all,
I'm wondering if this is possible.
I have a report with two parameters:
1. User Type
2. Sub-Systems List
If the User Type is an Admin, I want him to select a specific Sub-System from a dropdown list.
If the User Type is not Admin, I want to hard code the Sub-System and hide the Sub-System parameter.
I've succeed doing the Sub-System hard-coding but trying to use:
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findParameter("SubSystem").setHidden(true);
won't hide the parameter in the "Enter Parameters" screen.
any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I haven't tried it, but you might be able to do this with a custom masterpage of your own. Another way could possibly be to use a cascading parameter and have your parameter dataSet data set up to work with this.