Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table Design
Linda_prov
Hi,
I?m new to birt and tried to create reports for a few days, but I cannont find how to create a table with inverted rows and columns.
What I mean is, how can I create a table with header and footer coloumn and in between the detail coloumns.
Can you help me?
Thanks a lot
Linda
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ahsiang
Hi, Linda.
Welcome to the BIRT community. For starter, you can go to
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/tutorial/
for some basic guide. Starts with the tutorials then the examples.
Hope it helps.
Hans_vd
Linda,
Are they really grouping header columns you want to show?
Isn't it the suppress duplicates option that you are looking for? You'll find it in the properties view when you select a table column.
Hope this helps
Regards
Hans
Linda_prov
Hi ashsiang,
I?m through this tutorials but I didnt find what I need.
Hi Hans,
tanks for answering.
I dont think its the supress duplication funtion.
I?m looking for the possibility of having headers in the first column of the report, and the details going on in the rows.
Example:
header column detail column
quarter [quarter]
price [price]
cost [cost]
cash flow [cash flow]
Is this possible?
thx a lot
Linda
Linda_prov
.
Hans_vd
Hi Linda,
I see what you mean now.
I think with these instructions you can achieve what you want:
1. Drag a table element from the palette to your report and enter this data:
Number of columns: 2
Number of details: 4
datset: your dataset
2. Drag the fields from you dataset into the right column of the table
3. Add labels in the left column of the table
Hope this helps
Regards
Hans
ahsiang
Hi can you share with us your table structure? Are you having those measures as individual columns? If the measures are column then you can use crosstab and add in the 4 measures then change the measures from horizontal to vertical.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="76471" data-time="1304278347" data-date="01 May 2011 - 12:32 PM"><p>
Hi Linda,<br />
<br />
I see what you mean now.<br />
<br />
I think with these instructions you can achieve what you want:<br />
<br />
1. Drag a table element from the palette to your report and enter this data:<br />
Number of columns: 2<br />
Number of details: 4<br />
datset: your dataset<br />
2. Drag the fields from you dataset into the right column of the table<br />
3. Add labels in the left column of the table<br />
<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Hans<br /></p></blockquote>
Linda_prov
Thanks a lot for your help!
Best way I found to solve this is indeed to work with the cross table.