Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Library and ReportDesign
kosta
Hello BIRT community,
I have tried to change, delete some elements from the grid witch are bounded to library. I saw now in the logs and there are message like "... is child element or a virtual element( inside the child ), can not change its structure."
Does that means that I cant manipulate grids, tables on run-time that are bound to a library?
Is there another way to do that?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kosta
Hello again,
I am trying to copy the elements from the library to the design file.
I get always this kind of error:
Element "Script Data Source("Scripted Data Source")" is not allowed to be added into the (Data Sources) of "Report Design", for it is already in the design tree.
Does that mean I can't add then so easily to the design file? The next I 'll try is to copy the handle object somehow.
kosta
I found the copy() method of the IDesignElement Interface.
Using the deprecated add-method I could copy the data source, data set, master pages and the components, in my case grids to the just before created ReportDesignHandle.
Cheers.
abhiallen
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kosta'" data-cid="76389" data-time="1304003930" data-date="28 April 2011 - 08:18 AM"><p>
Hello BIRT community,<br />
<br />
I have tried to change, delete some elements from the grid witch are bounded to library. I saw now in the logs and there are message like "... is child element or a virtual element( inside the child ), can not change its structure."<br />
<br />
Does that means that I cant manipulate grids, tables on run-time that are bound to a library?<br />
Is there another way to do that?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am working on a report by adding a library with all data sets and added the grid with 3 charts. I am trying to drop 2 chart from the scrip but getting the same error above. How did you resolve this?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
<br />
Abhishek