Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT & JAAS
henningp
I'm trying to protect the birt-viewer-url with a custom realm on glassfish. The authentication works fine, but when it redirects to the report I always get the error "HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied". The problem only occurs with the birt-viewer, other applications don't produce this error.<br />
<br />
About my configuration:<br />
web.xml<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>view reports</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
<http-method>GET</http-method>
<http-method>POST</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>viewer</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
<realm-name>timerRealm</realm-name>
</login-config>
</pre>
<br />
sun-web.xml<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><sun-web-app>
<security-role-mapping>
<role-name>viewer</role-name>
<group-name>TimerGroup/group-name>
</security-role-mapping>
</sun-web-app></pre>
<br />
<br />
Note: If I remove the lines<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><!-- Viewer Servlet Context Listener -->
<listener>
<listener-class>org.eclipse.birt.report.listener.ViewerServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>
<!-- Viewer HttpSession Listener -->
<listener>
<listener-class>org.eclipse.birt.report.listener.ViewerHttpSessionListener</listener-class>
</listener>
</pre>
from web.xml it doesn't produce the 403-message, so I think it have to do with birt.<br />
<br />
<br />
Any ideas how to resolve this problem?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi henningp,
What product are working with - Eclipse BIRT or Actuate BIRT? What version?
henningp
Hi averma,
thanks for your reply. I'm working with Eclipse BIRT v2.6.0 (2.6.0.v20100617) and birt-viewer in same version.
averma
The following explains how it needs to be set up:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182161