Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to know the value of parameter pass from main report to subreport?
tong123123
any method to know what parameter's value is passed to the subreport?<br />
<br />
I have a table and in a column of detail band, I add one more table as subreport.<br />
the main report dataset is SingleServerOverload and the subreport dataset is HelpdeskTicket.<br />
In the HelpdeskTicket, the query has three parameter like following:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
select
TICKETID,
CREATIONDATE,
DESCRIPTION,
STATUS
from SR
where
(LOCATE(?, classificationid) > 0 )
and CREATIONDATE > ?
and CREATIONDATE < ?
</pre>
<br />
and in the subreport table, Dataset parameter Binding, I define the following<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
param_1:row["DATE"]
PARAM_2:ROW["helpdeskStartdate"]
PARAM_3:ROW["helpdeskEnddate"]
</pre>
<br />
then in the subreport dataset HelpDeskTicket beforeOpen event, I want to know<br />
what value is passed to the subreport parameter, so I write<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["classificationID"].value);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["helpdeskStartdate"].value);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["helpdeskEnddate"].value);
try {
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(param_1);
}catch(ex){Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("catch println(param_1)");}
try{
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(params["param_1"]);
}catch(ex1){
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("catch println(params[\"param_1\"])");
</pre>
but the first three println cannot show the value of parameter, and the later<br />
two println show exception and go to catch statement.<br />
So any method to know what parameter's value is passed to the subreport?<br />
(because my subreport seems cannot run properly)<br />
<br />
thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tong123123
anyone know the method?<br />
I try to use<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["classificationID"].value);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["helpdeskStartdate"].value);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["helpdeskEnddate"].value);
</pre>
<br />
or <br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["classificationID"]);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["helpdeskStartdate"]);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row["helpdeskEnddate"]);
</pre>
<br />
and see the output in console by using eclipsec.exe but both method return something like the parameters address but not the parameter values.
mwilliams
In your sub-table, you could see what value you're passing by putting a dynamic text element somewhere with teh expression:
row._outer["helpdeskStartdate"]
Do the same for the other two as well. This will show you what the inner table is seeing from the outer table and what is being passed through the parameters.
It looks like you're using 2.2.1 still, probably because of another product you're using it in, I'm guessing. If you're getting incorrect values, it could be a bug from the older version. Something that only upgrading would fix. I can't run your report because I don't have your data. If you can reproduce your issue with a sample report with the sample database in your version, I can run the report in that version and try to help more.
tong123123
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76499" data-time="1304348921" data-date="02 May 2011 - 08:08 AM"><p>
In your sub-table, you could see what value you're passing by putting a dynamic text element somewhere with teh expression:<br />
<br />
row._outer["helpdeskStartdate"]<br />
<br />
Do the same for the other two as well. This will show you what the inner table is seeing from the outer table and what is being passed through the parameters.<br />
<br />
It looks like you're using 2.2.1 still, probably because of another product you're using it in, I'm guessing. If you're getting incorrect values, it could be a bug from the older version. Something that only upgrading would fix. I can't run your report because I don't have your data. If you can reproduce your issue with a sample report with the sample database in your version, I can run the report in that version and try to help more.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
yes, I am using 2.2.1.<br />
any documentation for the syntax row._outer["fieldName"]? I always try row["fieldName"] but do not know there is a syntax row.outer["fieldName"],<br />
anyway, I use a simple report and the syntax can really show the value passed through the parameters. I will try this method tomorrow when I am back in office.<br />
Also, I have try put the following code in subtable query beforeopen event<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
var param1 =
reportContext.getParameterValue("param1");
if ((param1 != null) && (param1 != "")){
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("param1 = " + prarm1);
}
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("param1=" + row._outer["helpdeskStartdate"]);
</pre>
but all these methods fail, why?<br />
<br />
thanks in advance
mwilliams
Are you running eclipsec.exe or just eclipse.exe? From what I understand about using that type of "logging", you'll need to start up eclipse with the eclipsec.exe. If you want to use eclipse.exe, you can set up logging to write out to a file.
tong123123
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76504" data-time="1304351586" data-date="02 May 2011 - 08:53 AM"><p>
Are you running eclipsec.exe or just eclipse.exe? From what I understand about using that type of "logging", you'll need to start up eclipse with the eclipsec.exe. If you want to use eclipse.exe, you can set up logging to write out to a file.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I use eclipsec.exe, because I cannot access company db at home, so I create a new simple report with dataset named "contract_current_salary" which is dataset for subreport. and the following exception occur (because the exception stack trace is too long, the dos prompt of eclipsec.exe cannot fully shown.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot f
ind default value for object. (DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen#
8)
Script source: DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen, line: 1, text:
__bm_beforeOpen()
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: A BIRT exception occurred: Erro
r evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot find
default value for object. (DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen#8)
Script source: DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen, line: 1, text:
__bm_beforeOpen(). See next exception for more information.
Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot f
ind default value for object. (DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen#
8)
Script source: DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen, line: 1, text:
__bm_beforeOpen()
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException.wrap(DataException.ja
va:118)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.ScriptEvalUtil.evaluateJSAsExpr(S
criptEvalUtil.java:680)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.JSMethodRunner.runScript(JSMethod
Runner.java:79)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.DtEScriptExecutor.hand
leJS(DtEScriptExecutor.java:71)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.DataSetScriptExecutor.
handleJS(DataSetScriptExecutor.java:159)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.DataSetScriptExecutor.
handleBeforeOpen(DataSetScriptExecutor.java:64)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSetRuntime.beforeOpen(DataSetRu
ntime.java:503)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(Quer
yExecutor.java:213)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQue
ry.java:500)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(Pre
paredDataSourceQuery.java:161)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(Prepared
OdaDSQuery.java:142)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.exec
ute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:438)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.doExecut
eQuery(DataGenerationEngine.java:171)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.doExecut
eQuery(DataGenerationEngine.java:111)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(Ab
stractDataEngine.java:182)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery
(ExecutionContext.java:1683)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuer
y(QueryItemExecutor.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(Tab
leItemExecutor.java:61)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportIt
emExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:45)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportItemEm
itterExecutor.execute(ReportItemEmitterExecutor.java:45)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicat
eItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:42)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layout
Nodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:63)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resum
eLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:95)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layou
tNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:135)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layout
Nodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableBandLM.layoutChil
dren(HTMLTableBandLM.java:65)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layout
Nodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layoutChildren
(HTMLTableLM.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layout
Nodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resum
eLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:95)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layou
tNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:135)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layout
Nodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChild
ren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layoutChildren
(HTMLTableLM.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTML
AbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layout
Nodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPage
LM.java:85)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.lay
out(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:106)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.bui
ld(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:189)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:22
4)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:89)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(Unk
nown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHand
ler.__execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageActionHandle
r.__checkDocumentExists(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHa
ndler.prepareParameters(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHa
ndler.__execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandl
er.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProc
essor.__executeAction(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentPro
cessor.executeAction(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.ha
ndleGetPage(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentPro
cessor.process(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUp
datedObjects(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.j
ava:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider
.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:
323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrateg
y.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:453
)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:69
9)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPo
st(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBas
e.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve
.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
2422)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:180)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
rValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.eclipse.tomcat.internal.EclipseErrorReportValve.invoke(EclipseErr
orReportValve.java:153)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:19
9)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:828)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ssConnection(Http11Protocol.java:700)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:584)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.CoreException: Error evaluating Javas
cript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot find default value for
object. (DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen#8)
Script source: DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen, line: 1, text:
__bm_beforeOpen()
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.wrapRhinoException(Ja
vascriptEvalUtil.java:287)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.evaluateRawScript(Jav
ascriptEvalUtil.java:102)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.evaluateScript(Javasc
riptEvalUtil.java:134)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.ScriptEvalUtil.evaluateJSAsExpr(S
criptEvalUtil.java:676)
... 118 more
Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot find default valu
e for object. (DataSet[contract_current_salary].__bm_beforeOpen#8)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError(ScriptRuntime.jav
a:3240)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError(ScriptRuntime.jav
a:3230)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError(ScriptRuntime.java:324
6)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError1(ScriptRuntime.java:32
58)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptableObject.getDefaultValue(ScriptableObj
ect.java:599)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.add(ScriptRuntime.java:2290)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c122._c1(DataSet[contract_current_salary].
__bm_beforeOpen:8)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c122.call(DataSet[contract_current_salary]
.__bm_beforeOpen)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName0(OptRuntime.java
:105)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c25._c0(DataSet[contract_current_salary]._
_bm_beforeOpen:1)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c25.call(DataSet[contract_current_salary].
__bm_beforeOpen)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:3
04)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:276
9)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c25.call(DataSet[contract_current_salary].
__bm_beforeOpen)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c25.exec(DataSet[contract_current_salary].
__bm_beforeOpen)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.evaluateRawScript(Jav
ascriptEvalUtil.java:95)
... 120 more
contract_current_salary: after open event
</pre>
<br />
" you can set up logging to write out to a file"<br />
do you mean something like<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("logfileName", "ITM_Resource_Util_Heat_Chart.log");
setupLogging();
logInitialize();
</pre>
I try before, but it has some great drawback, if there is some script error, then the log file cannot be generated.
mwilliams
Can you show the code in your beforeOpen script? Or is it the same as above? Are you sure it's the "Packages.java.lang.System.out.println" part that's causing the issue? If you do:
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("test message") as your only script, do you still get the error or do you get the "test message" output?
tong123123
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76511" data-time="1304354761" data-date="02 May 2011 - 09:46 AM"><p>
Can you show the code in your beforeOpen script? Or is it the same as above? Are you sure it's the "Packages.java.lang.System.out.println" part that's causing the issue? If you do:<br />
<br />
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("test message") as your only script, do you still get the error or do you get the "test message" output?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am in office now and when run the report, no exception like #6 occur, but in eclipsec.exe, the value still cannot be shown.<br />
the dataset for the subreport is named "HelpdeskTicket", the beforeOpen event is as follow:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(this.queryText);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row._outer["classificationID"].value);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row._outer["helpdeskStartdate"].value);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row._outer["helpdeskEnddate"].value);
try{
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("inputParams 1 = " + inputParams["param_1"]);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("inputParams 2 = " + inputParams["param_2"]);
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("inputParams 3 = " + inputParams["param_3"]);
}catch(ex){Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("catch println inputParams");}
try {
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(param_1);
}catch(ex){Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("catch println(param_1)");}
try{
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(params["param_1"]);
}catch(ex1){
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("catch println(params[\"param_1\"])");
}
try{
Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row._outer["helpdeskStartdate"]);
}catch(ex){Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("catch println(row._outer[\"helpdeskStartdate\"])");}
</pre>
<br />
and in eclipsec.exe dos prompt, the following is output:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
select
TICKETID,
CREATIONDATE,
DESCRIPTION,
STATUS
from SR
where
(LOCATE(?, classificationid) > 0 )
and CREATIONDATE > ?
and CREATIONDATE < ?
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.DataExceptionMocker@1ef17f
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.DataExceptionMocker@180ecd0
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.DataExceptionMocker@13b58c4
inputParams 1 = undefined
inputParams 2 = undefined
inputParams 3 = undefined
catch println(param_1)
catch println(params["param_1"])
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.DataExceptionMocker@275759
helpDeskTicket, AfterOpen
helpDeskTicket, AfterClose
</pre>
<br />
in short, the statement<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Packages.java.lang.System.out.println(row._outer["classificationID"].value);</pre>
return<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.DataExceptionMocker@1ef17f</pre>
<br />
, not the value of the field "classificationID" of the main report dataset.
mwilliams
Can you recreate what all you're doing with an example report that uses the sample database so I can run it and see what you're seeing so I can test? Thanks!