Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report viewing options
garyc
Hi
I am assessing BIRT and must say that so far I am very pleased. Having started with another open source offering I have found BIRT to be very intuitive and easy to use.
So, now I have my Report Designer set up and the ability to view the reports via Tomcat and the sample viewer and can even generate html output via a manual cron based schedule. All very good!
I then went on to download the trial Actuate Report Designer Pro to see what that added. I then found that I could only view these reports with the preview tool built into the designer, i.e. the Tomcat/sample viewer did not work with these reports.
Can anyone advise what options I have or would I need to go down the route of installing the iServer product.
Many thanks
Gary
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ahsiang
Hi.<br />
<br />
I am afraid you may need to use iServer as the Actuate rptdesign file has more definition that open source can't render. You can choose the iServer zip version so that you don't have to install the software. There is a .bat file to start and stop the server. But if you need to integrate with your apps, I suggest you install the iServer to maximize the use of their API.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'garyc'" data-cid="76484" data-time="1304328438" data-date="02 May 2011 - 02:27 AM"><p>
Hi<br />
<br />
I am assessing BIRT and must say that so far I am very pleased. Having started with another open source offering I have found BIRT to be very intuitive and easy to use.<br />
<br />
So, now I have my Report Designer set up and the ability to view the reports via Tomcat and the sample viewer and can even generate html output via a manual cron based schedule. All very good!<br />
<br />
I then went on to download the trial Actuate Report Designer Pro to see what that added. I then found that I could only view these reports with the preview tool built into the designer, i.e. the Tomcat/sample viewer did not work with these reports.<br />
<br />
Can anyone advise what options I have or would I need to go down the route of installing the iServer product.<br />
<br />
Many thanks<br />
<br />
Gary<br /></p></blockquote>