Hello,<br />
<br />
If you look in the "xml source" tab, one can see, taht the used data source is written there and is not dynamical. Example: <br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<data-sources>
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml" name="Data Source1" id="728">
<property name="FILELIST">C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\jf\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\output.xml</property>
</oda-data-source>
</data-sources>
</pre>
<br />
My problem is, that I want to open the report on many different computer. On every computer there is in a directory temp (which is defined using an environmental variable) which contains a file "output.xml". But as the temp directory is different on every computer I cannot write the path non-dynamically in the rptdesign. <br />
<br />
I know, that I can use scripting and I tried in the beforeOpen method of the data Source the following: <br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<method name="beforeOpen"><![CDATA[importPackage(Packages.java.lang.*); // OK but not needed in designer
store = java.lang.System.getenv("TEMP");
rptdesignName = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportName();
dot = rptdesignName.lastIndexOf(".");
sep = rptdesignName.lastIndexOf("/");
reportName = rptdesignName.substring(sep + 1, dot);
newXmlFile = store + "\\" + reportName.replace("%20", " ") + ".xml"
this.setExtensionProperty("FILELIST", newXmlFile);]]></method>
</pre>
<br />
This works. If I press the preview-tab the right dataSource is used. But I have still got a problem with that: <br />
<br />
I want to add or delete a column to/in the data set using the row- and columnmapping of the dataset. But as the beforeOpen method just is executed in runtime the xml-structure is always empty. <br />
<br />
Is there a way to solve my problem? I tried to use the proprety Binding method of the datasouce but as seems to work the same as using the beforeOpen method. <br />
<br />
I would be glad for any suggestions!

<br />
<br />
Jana