Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hyperlink to new email query
aglass
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have built a report in BIRT that is a series text boxes that in a grid. In there I would like the user to be able to click on a piece of text and it open a new email for them. Here is an example - <br />
<br />
'Please try clicking on button x and selection option y. If the problem persists please send an email to <span class='bbc_underline'>John.Smith@company.com</span> explaining the issue.'<br />
<br />
I would like the hyperlink to be on John.Smith@company.com so that when the user clicks on it a new email will be opened with the addresee and subject already filled in.<br />
<br />
I assumed it would be something similar to adding this hyperlink in <br />
mailto:John.Smith@company.com?Subject=Test<br />
<br />
But I have had no luck so far - does anyone know of a solution to this issue?<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Tony
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tony,
This works in a HTML text box:
<a href="mailto:mwilliams@actuate.com&subject=test">mwilliams@actuate.com</a>
This works as the hyperlink URI expression if you have a field name that is the email address:
"mailto:" + row["emialField"] + "&subject=test"