Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Connect to another data source in report scripting?
kennyduong
Hi,
I have a report that will be inserted into Maximo application but the problem is that this report doesn't take data from the application DB but from another DB outside of the Maximo application. My question is how can I achieve this? Is there anyway to do a connection to another DB inside the scripting of the report?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kennyduong
Anyone know about this can help me?
Thanks
Hans_vd
Hi Kenny,
Why does it need to be in the scripting of the report?
You can create multiple data sources in one report. As long as the correct driver is in place and your application server has the right to access the server where the other database is installed, I don't see any problem.
Regards
Hans
kennyduong
So if I create a new data source in the report and then bind the dataset to this data source, after that integrating the report into Maximo and so when running this report in Maximo it will use that data source?
Hans_vd
That's right.
When creating a dataset you get to choose from the datasources available in the report.
kennyduong
Thanks a lot Hans_vd!