Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataSOurce with .XLS file
Ronak
Hii,
I am having an excel file and I wants ti use that excel file as my dataset and datasource. I dont know how to add that.
Can you tell me how to do that??/
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
XLS is not a standard dataSource type for BIRT. If you save the file as a CSV file, CSV files can be used as a flat file source. If not, you'll probably either have to step through the XLS file using a javascript dataSource and dataSet or create a new dataSource type that does the same thing.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76704" data-time="1304708788" data-date="06 May 2011 - 12:06 PM"><p>
XLS is not a standard dataSource type for BIRT. If you save the file as a CSV file, CSV files can be used as a flat file source. If not, you'll probably either have to step through the XLS file using a javascript dataSource and dataSet or create a new dataSource type that does the same thing.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
How to create datasource for importing excel file.<br />
Can you please send me a demo example???
Ronak
If there is any link available to you that provides such examples of gantt chart in birt report the please send me.
Thanks
mwilliams
I do not have a demo or example of using XLS as a dataSource, unfortunately. If you're just wanting an example of a gantt report in a BIRT report, I can get you one of those. Let me know.