Hello,<br />
<br />
I am designing a report using XML as a data source. The XML is a bit special in that it has this specific structure:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<Object type="Contact" id="75251" version="3">
<Attribute name="first-name">ff</Attribute>
<Attribute name="middle-name">ff</Attribute>
<Attribute name="last-name">ff</Attribute>
<Reference name="Member" type="object">
<Object type="Member" id="75001" version="2">
<Attribute name="state">DISABLED</Attribute>
<Attribute name="locked">false</Attribute>
<Attribute name="login">tester123</Attribute>
</Object>
</Reference>
<!-- more attributes and references -->
</Object>
</pre>
<br />
Attributes of an object are elements named Attribute and have a name attribute which I have to use in teh XPath in order to get the specific value I want. Also I have to differentiate between reference elements to get the one I want. For example, to get the Member state I need to isolate the Member from all references and then isolate the state attribute by using multiple predicates as follows:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>/Reference/Object/Attribute[../
@type=';Member' and
@name=';state']</strong><br />
<br />
While this works in all xpath vizualizers BIRT is giving me a hard time and does not display anything. I've also tried, without success, variations such as: <br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>/Reference/Object[
@type=';Member']/Attribute[
@name=';state']</strong><br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>/Reference[
@name=';Member']/Object/Attribute[
@name=';state']</strong><br />
<br />
Do you have any ideas on how can I achieve this with the BIRT's implementation of XPath?<br />
<br />
Thanks