Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Running BIRT using UNICODE
Nathaniel
Hi,
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for your advice regarding my problem with UNICODE (Armenian characters). The problem is when generating a report with HTML and XLS format the characters are not being displayed correctly. Whereas if I generate the report in PDF and DOC, the characters are correctly displayed.
What could be the problem ? I have already created a fontConfig.xml for xls and HTML but still the problem persists. Could it be that fonts being used in HMTL and XLS are configured somewhere else?
Thank you very much in advance.
Nathaniel
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Are you running the report on the same machine that you developed the report on?
Jason
Nathaniel
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="76694" data-time="1304706075" data-date="06 May 2011 - 11:21 AM"><p>
Are you running the report on the same machine that you developed the report on?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
Thank you for your reply. As for your question, the answer is YES. Additional info, when I deploy it to apache, I could see that when I invoke the report in PDF and WORD form, it validates the file fontConfig.xml and fontConfig32.xml. This is not the case when I invoke the report in HTML and XLS.<br />
<br />
I hope the information helps.<br />
<br />
Thanks a million in advance.<br />
<br />
nathaniel
JasonW
Is the font located in the windows/fonts directory? I assume you are using the viewer with the frameset mapping?
Jason
JasonW
I do not think the fonts config is used with html. If you use the /preview mapping and look at the html that is generated you will see a sytle created at the top that has the font used. This font needs to be available on the viewing machine I believe.
Jason
Nathaniel
Hello. I did the preview and the font is set to the font used during the design time. Is there any way to change the font to the armenian font using a configuration file (like the one for PDF fontConfig.XML) ? Is it the same situation for the XLS format?
thanks a million.
nathaniel
JasonW
is the armenian font not available at design time? You could always try to use a style sheet and use the checkbox "Include CSS File at Viewtime".
Right click on the style node in the outline view to see how to do this.
Jason