Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Extended Report Item with Choice Property
qos
Hi everyone,
I'm having trouble with a custom report item that i've developed. I'm trying to add a string property to that report item with a value that should be chosen from a fixed set of options in the General Properties page at design time.
I tried to add the property with type "choice" and subtype "string" to the reportItemModel extension point, and then add several "choice" nodes beneath it.
In the UI code I've created a ComboSection with a ComboPropertyDescriptorProvider for that same property, but I always end up with a NPE in ChoiceSetFactory caused by ComboPropertyDescriptorProvider.getItems() returning null (no items).
I can't seem to find any example in the documentation of how to use Choice properties in Report Items.
Regular string and integer properties work fine, it's just "choices" that I can't make to work.
Can any one help? Thanks in advance!
Manuel Padilha
BIRT 2.6.2
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
zqian
Does it work in the Properties view or the Advanced tab of the Property Editor?