Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
org.eclipse.core.runtime BIRT-Viewer directory size
mich.thai
I have BIRT-Viewer installed in Tomcat on a Unix box. I have about 10 reports. The problem is the following directory below
/tomcat/webapps/birt-viewer/WEB-INF/platform/configuration/org.eclipse.core.runtime
is generating hundreds of files such as .table.*, .namespace.*, etc causing me to run out of disk space. Is this caused by a functionality in my report or is there a setting I can configure?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
How big are the files and how many do you have? Eclipse OSGi store's runtime caches and other transient files here. It should not be getting all that big. Can you post some more detail on when you see it grow?
Jason
mich.thai
I deleted the directory yesterday and this is what it looks like at the moment
JasonW
What version of BIRT are you running? Can you try just using a the sample db in a simple list report? Select * from orderdetails? This would be just for a test case. What type of report are you running? I assume you are using the standard viewer and not a custom servlet?
Jason
mich.thai
I tested a few scenarios and the issue occurs when I restart the application.
JasonW
can you restart using a -clean option?
Jason
mich.thai
How would I execute that in UNIX? Could it possible be a permissions issue where it can't write to the file so it creates a new file each time?
JasonW
I checked the code and I believe it does a clean by default, so that will not help. Does the user running tomcat have full read, write and delete permissions on the configuration folder and subfolders?
Jason