Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Securing BIRT URL
electra
Hi all.
I'm using a servlet to run and render a report, and I don't want to show the report name and the parameter in the url.
I was wondering if exists one method to protect the parameter name & values in the BIRT URL. How can I do to encrypt the url parametername&value?
Thanks for your replay!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Based on your other messages, I am going to assume you are using a custom solution, not the out of the box report viewer.
Your best option is to run the report using an standard HTTP CLient request object in your client side code, and use some DOM manipulation to update the result in a DIV tag or something. Either that, or run everything through a servlet handler that can encode and decode a URL parameter to get the report name and report parameters.
fox802
Hello,
I'm very interested in this topic.
I also need to hide the birt URL because as I have many environments to handle, I have to give the database url, username and password as report parameters.
So, as you can easily imagine, it is highly unsecure...
Please, can you be a little more specific on the two solutions you proposed ?