Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can we have a dialogue box in BIRT
pratim
Hi,
I would like to know, can we pop up a dialogue box when we create a hyperlink in a BIRT report? Usually when we click on a hyperlink we used to show a new page/same page/new tab of the full size window. I would like to pop up a message box of reduced sized, when a user click on a hyperlink in BIRT report.
Please let me know how to proceed.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can create your hyperlink in html in a text box and create a pop up and set the window size, etc.
pratim
hi,
can you explain a little bit detailed way? I am new to this field. I am using BIRT 2.3.2.
pratim
I guess, you are asking to add a 'text' report item, within that edit the text item as 'HTML' and then from that i can generate an alert message.
But in my case, i need to modify the content of the alert from a Java event handler class. I am not sure whether i can attach any event handler to this 'text' report item or not!
mwilliams
You can use scripting tags within HTML to do scripting and you can use the "value-of" tag to use content from your report design. Can you explain more about what content needs to come from the java event handler?