Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Printable Table of Content
orlin
I?m developing a BIRT report with few tables and charts. Depends on case part of them may appear or not or even appears more than ones. I want to add a printable Table of Content section into result pdf document in order to describe what table on what page appears. I tried this one that report should be run twice, but it?s bad idea. Is there better TOC implementation?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Check out the attached example. If you run this in the web viewer and then export to PDF, you'll get the functionality that you'd get if you deployed the viewer and called your report with a frameset URL with format=pdf as a URL parameter. If you run it straight to PDF, it doesn't work because it uses the runAndRender task rather than using them separately. I included an internal bookmark/hyperlink in the TOC as well to allow you to jump to your group.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions. This report was made in 2.6.2.
orlin
I mean something like this
mwilliams
Guess I'm not sure what the difference is between that and what I posted besides I used a simple grouped table to show how it can be done. You'd just have to create your own grid TOC with your sections listed or dynamically grab all the headers for your report and list them and grab their page numbers just like I did and then display them. If you can give me a report and some data with your setup, I'll do it in your report using the same idea as the above attached report.
orlin
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76994" data-time="1305291814" data-date="13 May 2011 - 06:03 AM"><p>
... You'd just have to create your own grid TOC with your sections listed or dynamically grab all the headers for your report and list them and grab their page numbers just like I did and then display them...<br /></p></blockquote>
Exactly this part I haven't idea how to implement. <br />
I try to set values via system property and extract them in script data source, like an example posted to the forum, but result appears on second run.<br />
Thats why my question: How in printable pdf to show in grid "CONTENTS" that the label "What is Lorem Ipsum?" appears in page 2 and the label "Neque porro quisquam est" appears on page 3?
mwilliams
Are the sections of your report dynamic? Or are they fixed? If dynamic, can you figure out from your data in your dataSet how many "sections" there will be? Let me know.