Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart Size on tomcat
kahuja2
Hello All,
I have developed a report with a chart and table from using the same data set. When the report is deployed on tomcat the chart gets skewed. Returning to the eclipse environment and changing the chart size properties and redeploying does not have any effect. The chart size remains the same.
Can any one please help or give any guidance?
Thanks,
Kunal
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Kunal,
Is your layout "fixed" or "auto"? If "auto", you might try using a "fixed" layout. Let me know.
kahuja2
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
Thank you for the reply.<br />
<br />
I changed the layout property to :<br />
<br />
<property name="layoutPreference">fixed layout</property><br />
<br />
and redeployed the report. Still not change in the chart size. It is fixed.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Kunal<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="76958" data-time="1305232097" data-date="12 May 2011 - 01:28 PM"><p>
Hi Kunal,<br />
<br />
Is your layout "fixed" or "auto"? If "auto", you might try using a "fixed" layout. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?
kahuja2
The BIRT runtime I have is 2.5.1 with tomcat 6.0.20
kahuja2
Hi Micheal,
I also tried BIRT Runtime 2.6.1 with tomcat 6.0.20 and the value of the layoutpreference tag was auto layout once and then I changed it fixed layout.
Both the times the chart size is fixed.
Please help
Thanks,
Kunal
mwilliams
The resizing issue only happens when the viewer is deployed to tomcat? Not when you run it in the "web viewer" from the designer?
kahuja2
yes..only when the report is deployed on tomcat. When the report is viewed using the webviewer in Eclipse..it is perfect..the way it is supposed to be..
mwilliams
One more question before I try it myself. What is the URL you're using to call the report?
.d.
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
I also have the same problem.<br />
<br />
The URL used is:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
http://127.0.0.1:8080/birt-viewer/frameset?__report=<report_name>.rptdesign
</pre>
or<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
http://127.0.0.1:8080/birt-viewer/run?__report=<report_name>.rptdesign
</pre>
I also tried using the PHP-Java-Bridge, using the code example of HTML Run and Render, and the result is still the same.<br />
<br />
I am using Birt Runtime 2.6.2.<br />
I've tested both on Tomcat 6.0.29 (CentOS5) and Tomcat 7.0.6 (Windows).<br />
<br />
Thank you very much.
mwilliams
Ok. BIRT 2.5.2 is the version I have deployed right now on Tomcat 6.0.32. It falls between your two versions, so it should have it to. I'll make a quick report and see what happens on deployment. I'll let you know the results.
mwilliams
I just tried it with the versions I listed above. I don't see the same result. Mine stay at the size they are supposed to stay. Can you attach your report design?
Sapphie
Did anyone solve this? I have the same problem. Chart looks ok in the designer and view in web viewer but when run in Tomcat, my chart is much smaller with legend chopped off right hand side etc.
Lee
Sapphie
Has this thread been spammed?
Anyway, I wonder what I can try to do to solve this issue, without trying umpteen versions of BIRT/Tomcat etc?
I have just noticed that the report says that there are 2 pages, the one with the shrunken chart being Page 1 of 2 but there is nothing on the second page!
I attach a screen shot to show what is happening. In the designer, the chart appears across the whole page as expected.
Lee
Sapphie
Just to say that I now have this working ok.
I was using designer 2.6.2 on my PC but the runtime viewer in my Tomcat webapps folder was 2.6.1.
I updated it to 2.6.2 and copied the reports across and I now have a nice size chart.
Lee
junaidm
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Sapphie'" data-cid="78381" data-time="1307962232" data-date="13 June 2011 - 03:50 AM"><p>
Just to say that I now have this working ok.<br />
<br />
I was using designer 2.6.2 on my PC but the runtime viewer in my Tomcat webapps folder was 2.6.1.<br />
<br />
I updated it to 2.6.2 and copied the reports across and I now have a nice size chart.<br />
<br />
Lee<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Lee,<br />
<br />
I am also having the same chart size problem with Tomcat.<br />
<br />
There was nothing in my webapps folder in my Tomcat to begin with. So I put the WebViewerExample folder 2.6.2 in the webapps folder, and I did not see any changes. What am I doing wrong?<br />
<br />
junaidm
Sapphie
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'junaidm'" data-cid="78411" data-time="1307997796" data-date="13 June 2011 - 01:43 PM"><p>
Hi Lee,<br />
<br />
I am also having the same chart size problem with Tomcat.<br />
<br />
There was nothing in my webapps folder in my Tomcat to begin with. So I put the WebViewerExample folder 2.6.2 in the webapps folder, and I did not see any changes. What am I doing wrong?<br />
<br />
junaidm<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I would have thought that if you had nothing in the webapps folder that you wouldn't have got anything at all working?<br />
<br />
I am not sure why they weren't working for me properly to start with as I did have a folder there but it was a step behind my designer version. So I would make absolutely sure you have the 2.6.2 BIRT designer as well as the runtime webviewer stuff for Tomcat. I am no expert on this and may have got it working more by luck than design! I downloaded a fresh version of the 2.6.2 runtime files.<br />
<br />
Have you followed all the steps in <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerSetup.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerSetup.php</a>
; ?<br />
<br />
Have you renamed WebViewerExample folder to birt-viewer ?<br />
Have you copied the the commons logging library to birt-viewer/WEB-INF ?<br />
Have you added any relevant JDBC drivers to birt-viewer\WEB-INF\platform\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc\drivers ? I needed to put the MySQL drivers here.<br />
<br />
After doing any of the above, have you restarted Tomcat?<br />
<br />
Also, where are you placing your .rptdesign files on the server. I put mine in \Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\birt-viewer\report<br />
<br />
Good luck.<br />
<br />
Lee