Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
creating crosstab report with top left hand header column
lowks
Dear all I have a cross tab report in which I need the 1st quadrant of the cross tab to show the header for the cell below it, that is the 3rd quadrant if you are counting from left the right. Attached is a screenshot that might better illustrate my point. The columns too much grow / shrink as the columns below it grows and shrink to preserve alignment.
Can this be done?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
birtseeker
Which BIRT version you are using?
lowks
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'birtseeker'" data-cid="76988" data-time="1305287595" data-date="13 May 2011 - 04:53 AM"><p>
Which BIRT version you are using?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
2.2.6 i think if that is the latest. Just did an update.
lowks
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lowks'" data-cid="77018" data-time="1305306558" data-date="13 May 2011 - 10:09 AM"><p>
2.2.6 i think if that is the latest. Just did an update.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I just tried version 3 with this. It still does not work. Has anyone done this before?
birtseeker
I have downloaded latest version of BIRT which is BIRT 3.7 from here
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/
. With the help of latest version, I can add grid inside the left column of the Cross Tab. Right Click on left column allow you to add any Normal Control. I have tried this and It is working fine.
Hope this will help you.
Regards,
Vikram
lowks
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'birtseeker'" data-cid="80360" data-time="1311224041" data-date="20 July 2011 - 09:54 PM"><p>
I have downloaded latest version of BIRT which is BIRT 3.7 from here <br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/.'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/.</a>
; With the help of latest version, I can add grid inside the left column of the Cross Tab. Right Click on left column allow you to add any Normal Control. I have tried this and It is working fine.<br />
<br />
Hope this will help you.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
Vikram<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Adding a grid will not help my case as I need the columns in that quadrant to grow and shrink according the columns in the quadrant below it as they act as headers for the columns below. Any idea how that is done ?
birtseeker
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lowks'" data-cid="80442" data-time="1311307694" data-date="21 July 2011 - 09:08 PM"><p>
Adding a grid will not help my case as I need the columns in that quadrant to grow and shrink according the columns in the quadrant below it as they act as headers for the columns below. Any idea how that is done ?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
In my report I have added one grid view without border with same number of columns of Cross tab. Then I fix width of all column as per data type in both layout Header and Detail. This way I achieved the header in Cross tab. <br />
<br />
If you find any other way please share.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
VIkram