Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Invoice printing
mcRafen
<span style='font-family: Arial'>Hi, <br />
I'm new to BIRT. My company is rewriting all the ERP software and I have to realize all new prints for it. The new development platform is RCP, so I consider BIRT as the perfect solution for prints, fully integrated with RCP IDE, same development languages.<br />
<br />
The first test print that I have to do is the more complex that I have: the invoice. It has not only header, footer and details section, but it also has variable height rows, variable sections in the footer and other aspects.<br />
<br />
Here attached I provided a sample invoice printed by the old ERP. I was able to solve the points 1, 2 and 4. There is in my mind a solution for point 6, but now it's very urgent to solve points 3,5 and 7. <br />
<br />
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcRafen
I forgot a detail.
I set the PageBreakInterval to 0, so the engine should fill the available space in the page with details and then it change the page.
Can I handle the PageBreak event in this case?
Another need that I have is to print something at PageBreak. Example: if it is a more pages invoice, at page break I'd need to print the label "continue..."
Thank's.
Enrico
mwilliams
Enrico,
3 - Using persistentGlobalVariables or possibly page or report variables and the onRender script, you should be able to get this set up, I think.
5 - May be the toughest one, especially with having to determine which row will be the last one to fit on the page with multiple lines. May have to approximately calculate this somehow based on your row data.
7 - Should be able to just put this in your MP footer, determine the number of pages in your report, and in the onRender script for the element in your MP footer you'd put something like:
if (pageNumber == totalPage){
this.getStyle().display = "none";
}
mcRafen
Michael,
Thank you very much for your quick answer.
3 - I will try your suggestion
5 - What I ask me is: in my scenario (PageBreakInterval=0) engine is able to reprint the column header and the other parts of report based on sections settings. Why it isn't able to automatically print something (bottom borders or text) just the available space in the page is ended ?
7 - I already tried to put totals section in MP footer, but from that part of report there is no access to DataSet values.
Regards,
Enrico
mwilliams
5 - This is something they may be working on. It is something that would be nice as a feature if BIRT were able to "extend" the last complete row to the bottom of the page. I have worked with others on this issue. It's easy to push the table to the bottom with fixed row heights, but variable row heights force you to "estimate" how much to extend the row.
7 - You could just put a grid or table at the end of your report design and bind it to your dataSet and put in it what you need. This will put it on the last page of the report for sure, but it won't be positioned at the bottom of the page. It'll just come after the last element in the report.