Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Global variable memory leak
dzish
Hi,<br />
<br />
I share my knowledge because I can look for it later ;-)<br />
<br />
I had problem with memory leak of my birt viewer. Garbage collector of tomcat worked very often and after a few reports it didn't respond.<br />
It was bacause of using reportContext.setGlobalVariable. I put a big variable there. <strong class='bbc'>Much better is to use setPersistentGlobalVariable</strong>. In javadoc it is written, "global variable" is used in runtime scope, in the contrary of "persistent global variable" which is used only for report scope.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Thanks for posting your tip. This could be a good tip for the devShare. It might be more searchable there since there are far less posts to sift through!
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/