Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unnecessary Log Files
pawasarmol
Hello All,
I am running in to a problem with BIRT which is creating so many 0KB log files each time i restart the server . Is there a way to stop creation of these unnecessary log files. I tried the option of setting the Level to SEVERE , but it does not help. It still creates those annoying file. Any suggestion... ? Thanks
P.S. I asked the question in " Deploying and Integrating BIRT Report Engine in Application" , but didn't got response. Hence trying my luck here..
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You're setting the "SEVERE" level in the web.xml for the deployed viewer and it's not working? What is your BIRT version?
pawasarmol
Apologies for the delayed response
.
I am setting the property to SEVERE in my BIRT configuration java file
engineConfig.setLogConfig(logLocation, Level.SEVERE);
I am using 2.6.1 .
mwilliams
If you set the value to "OFF" are they still created?
pawasarmol
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77259" data-time="1305832965" data-date="19 May 2011 - 12:22 PM"><p>
If you set the value to "OFF" are they still created?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes they are still getting created even after setting to OFF.
mwilliams
Well, from what I understand, unless you don't set the file location, the files will be created, they just won't have anything in them unless there's a "severe" error. How many files are actually created each time? If you delete them all before starting it up?
pawasarmol
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77265" data-time="1305838884" data-date="19 May 2011 - 02:01 PM"><p>
Well, from what I understand, unless you don't set the file location, the files will be created, they just won't have anything in them unless there's a "severe" error. How many files are actually created each time? If you delete them all before starting it up?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Two files are getting created, each time the server gets restarted. <br />
<br />
So won't there be a way to stop these files getting created?<br />
<br />
You are right regarding these files, they are empty file and unless a "severe" occurs, they remain empty. Thanks
mwilliams
From what I've seen, no. You might be able to dig into the code and find where BIRT is doing the logging and change the functionality to only create these log files when an error occurs. I haven't done it or looked that far, so I'm not sure where to say to go to get started with something like that.
pawasarmol
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77269" data-time="1305841608" data-date="19 May 2011 - 02:46 PM"><p>
From what I've seen, no. You might be able to dig into the code and find where BIRT is doing the logging and change the functionality to only create these log files when an error occurs. I haven't done it or looked that far, so I'm not sure where to say to go to get started with something like that.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hmm... no problem.. Thanks for your help. Let me see if I can get anything. Will keep you posted. Thanks