Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Set - Max number of rows to fetch from data source
adwehus
I created a data set with a query that return ,let's say, 100 rows. Then a went to settings and set the value of "max number of rows to fetch from data source" to 5 (see screenshot).
Now when previewing the result in the Data Set Editor I see only 5 rows as expected, but in the real report as well as the HTML Preview in the Report Designer still all 100 rows appear. Why is this and how can I restrict my result to 5 rows. (There are reasons why I cannot alter the SQL Statement directly).
Thanks for any hints,
Antje
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you can't limit the results in your query for some reason and the "max" setting doesn't work correctly for you? What is your BIRT version? Have you tried closing BIRT and restarting to see if the setting isn't being recognized until you restart Eclipse?
adwehus
Yes exactly. The preview results in the data set dialog shows only 5 rows, but in the real report the number of rows is not limited. I'm using BIRT
Version: 2.6.0.v20100427-35-7w31211716
Build id: v20100609-1613
Is that as designed or did I miss anything to make it work? Restarting didn't help.
adwehus
I found a workaround: Now I'm using a computed column "lineNumber" with Aggregation RUNNINGCOUNT in combination with a filter row["lineNumber"] between 1 and 5.
But I'm still wondering why it didn't work with the Setting "max number of rows to fetch from data source"
mwilliams
That was the workaround I would have suggested. I'm not certain why that doesn't work for you. I'll check it out in 2.6.0 and let you know if I see the same.
mwilliams
I do not see the same thing when I use 2.6.0. It works as expected in all outputs. Not sure why this wouldn't work with yours.