Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Title for report parameter page
Srividya Sharma
Hi
This seems like a basic question.
How do I add a title to the report parameter page?
I launch my report from a hyperlink in another report.
I tried to add __title and __showtitle but this does not seem to have any effect.
Please help.
Srividya Sharma
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
My first guess is that you'll probably have to edit the parameter page's jsp pages to add a title.
Srividya Sharma
How do I go about doing that?
Thank you.
mwilliams
You can find the jsp pages associated with the viewer in /birt-viewer/webcontent/birt/pages/
Srividya Sharma
Hi
This seems slightly more complicated than I thought.
Getting back to the request parameters, what do __title and __showTitle stand for?
mwilliams
I believe those will work for the actual viewer window. Let me look into the parameter page title thing a little more. I'll let you know what I find.
Srividya Sharma
Hi William,
I greatly appreciate your effort.
This is an urgent requirement for my project.
I would be deeply indebted, if you can come up with something soon.
mwilliams
I haven't found where "Enter Parameters" is set, yet. The easiest way might be to just create a custom JSP parameter page:
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php#tags
mwilliams
Ok, maybe I found it. I think you can change it in the viewservlets.jar file in the viewer lib directory. Unjar the file and go to org/birt/report/resource. In there you'll find a messages.properties file. You can probably change that here. Let me know.
Srividya Sharma
Hi William,
Thank you for those great pointers.
I did find the messages.properties file where you had said.
The property key for "Parameters" that comes on the top-left of the parameter page could not be found.
Anyway, this will change the title for the entire application, but I want to customize the page for each report.
I just want to show a title related to the report on this page, so that the user knows where he is and for which report he is entering the parameter values for.
Since this seems difficult to achieve, I tried another alternative, where I can add the title to the parameter's prompt text ( if you have seen my other recent post ).
If I am able to add a newline character to the prompt text, I might be able to make the prompt text itself appear like a title. Then again, I am not sure how the text field beside the prompt text will align/ resize itself (Just thinking out loud).
Srividya Sharma
mwilliams
Creating your own custom JSP parameter page, using the taglib, may be the way to go.
Tilo
I happen to meet with the same problem.(birt version 2.6.2)
And i find the location where to set the default birt viewer title according to mwilliams' reply .
The file is "[eclipse home]\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.6.2.r262_v20110214\birt\WEB-INF\lib\viewservlets.jar",
in the jar file ,the path is "org\eclipse\birt\report\resource\Messages.properties",
the attr is "birt.viewer.title".
mwilliams, thanks very much for your help.
mwilliams
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!