I am new to BIRT and would like to see if it meets our reporting needs. <br />
I am trying to use BIRT from my laptop (Windows XP) to create a report which accesses a mysql database on a windows server. <br />
I am using the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver ( v5.1) driver and connecting to the mysql database using the URL: jdbc:mysql://servername:3306/databasename, and it works, I could get the data from the database and then creat the charts. ^_^ <br />
But today, when I want to connect it, I couldn't connect it anymore, and also the responses are too slow. I click the test connection of datasource, it works (but takes long time), <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif <br />
and then I want to create a new data set, it doesn't work, I could see all the tables of the database, but without the coulum names of each table, then I couldn't excute the query....... <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif <br />
<br />
<br />
Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I solve it? it drive me crazy!!!! I need to do the demo on Birt for my boss in 2 days!!!! <br />
<br />
Thank u very much for ur help