Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
'DateTime ' Parameters error
HKS
Dear All,
'
I have created Report has 2 paremeter as a 'DateTime' data type (to specify the date of the result between 2 dates) then when I click ok I found the data set without Expand (+) icon (that means there is something wrong) then I clicked preview and the errors about the parameter data type appears to me in preview screen.
I changed the parameter data type to 'String' then I entered the date in this format for 2 parameter DD/MM/YYYY then It is working !! and the data result appears.
my friend is using the 'DateTime' for those 2 parameter and it's working with him .
It is very strange that the same things is not working on my machine !! he said maybe this problem in your machine setting because I applied another language in my machine (English & Japanese)
PLEASE ADVISE THIS IS URGENT ISSUE how can I resolve this it must to be in 'DateTime' not 'String'
I'm waiting your response and I'd be grateful if you advise me
thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hi HKS,<br />
<br />
I suspect the problem to be related to the regional settings as you mentioned. What is the date format in your regional settings? Try giving the input date parameter(s) in the same format as your system would represent it.<br />
<br />
Also, if the database upon which the report is being generated is not changing every time, i.e. between different vendors (oracle, sql server), I suggest you to pass these parameters as string in a fixed format and use database specific functions to convert theses string datetime and use in your query.<br />
Eg: <strong class='bbc'>TO_DATE</strong> in oracle and <strong class='bbc'>CAST</strong> and <strong class='bbc'>CONVERT</strong> in sql server.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
Arpan